Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Banana Nut Bread

My husband (bless his little heart) informed me that he wasn't eating bananas in the morning anymore right after my trip to Costco last week.  (I bought a huge bag of bananas!)  Since they've all ripened at once I decided to use them in banana bread.  The thing is...He'll eat all the banana bread.  Go figure?  This is when I roll my eyes at him.  Gotta love my husband!
I decided to post the recipe since it really is a family favorite around.  The bread just disappears! 

Banana Nut Bread
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together shortening and sugar; add eggs and beat well.  Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the bananas.  Blending well after each addition.  Stir in nuts.  Pour into a well-greased loaf pan.  Bake in oven 40 to 45 minutes or till done.  Remove from pan and cool on rack.  Slice bread and serve with butter or eat it plain.  Yummmmmmm!!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment